2018 Suzuki GSX-S750
The new GSX-S750 brings significant engine and chassis advancements to firmly establish itself as the second model in Suzuki’s innovative lineup of performance street machines. The GSX-S750 features fresh, aggressive styling that encompasses the appearance of quality.
As with the GSX-S1000, this new GSX-S750 inherits its heart and soul from Suzuki’s MotoGP race experience and the 30-year heritage of the GSX-R750. With boosted engine power and a suite of rider-assist features, this restyled GSX-S750 is ready to capture hearts and turn heads as the new leader in its class.
This is the perfect sportbike response to the craving of today’s discriminating riders, this new GSX-S750 looks better and outperforms its popular predecessor – and other entries in the class. It is nimble, comfortable, and an exhilarating, fun ride.
- New fuel-injected, 749cc, 4-cylinder engine uses GSX-R architecture to deliver a torque-rich sportbike experience.
- Suzuki Advanced Traction Control* lets the rider select sensitivity to match road conditions.
- The unique chassis integrates the best qualities of a tubular girder streetbike frame and a twin-spar sportbike frame, and is fitted with KYB suspension to provide precise handling.
- The new front Nissin Monobloc brake calipers and twin, wave style brake rotors supply strong and consistent braking performance.
- Aggressive styling, with cues from the renowned GSX-S1000, surround an ergonomically comfortable, yet sporty riding position.
- Potent 749cc 4-cylinder fuel-injected engine uses 2005 GSX-R750 architecture so the power delivery is an excellent bled of strong low-end and a muscular top end.
- Using the K5 generation GSX-R engine architecture also permits a shorter chassis which greatly enhances handling. This also makes the GSX-S750 the only motorcycle in its class with an engine with SuperSport lineage.
- Ventilation holes are added to the bottom side of each cylinder in the GSX-S750’s crankcase. The holes reduce pumping loss to help produce power and gain fuel economy.
- Camshafts tuned specifically for the GSX-S750 deliver a dynamic wave of smooth torque and strong acceleration.
- Throttle bodies with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system contribute to better throttle response and torque at the low-to-mid RPM range, while still producing peak performance.
- New, ten-hole, long-nose fuel injectors deliver finer atomized fuel to increase combustion efficiency.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the GSX-S750 has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- A new, larger capacity air box is required to match the higher engine output. The air inlets have been designed to provide an exciting auditory experience.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in linear throttle response and class-leading fuel economy.
- Suzuki’s advanced traction control system* lets the GSX-S750 rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. As a result, the rider can enjoy sport riding with less anxiety. There are four traction control modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) that the rider can easily adjust at rest or on-the-fly via a handlebar-mounted control. The difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions.
- Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads).
- Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level that is suitable for most riders or in conditions that have varied road surface grip (city riding, regular road conditions).
- Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces).
- OFF disengages all traction control features. *The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
- The digital ignition fires iridium type spark plugs that increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- The fresh-design stainless-steel, 4-2-1 exhaust system helps the engine deliver a strong low-to-mid range punch with an exciting rush to redline. A larger catalyzer is in the mid-pipe to assist in emissions control without sacrificing performance.
- Angular radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on GSX-R models).
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- The shorter final gear ratio enables the new GSX-S750 accelerate quicker than the prior model while the additional engine power maintains the same top speed potential.
- Large diameter, wet multi-plate clutch is derived from a GSX-R750 design to easily transmit power while the rack and pinion clutch release provides the rider with superb friction-point feel.
- The refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- The strong drive chain uses O-rings to preserve internal lubrication so power is transmitted smoothly and quietly.
- With styling influenced by the GSX-S1000, but with its own aggressive turn, the GSX-S750’s new bodywork looks wild and forceful, yet keeps the rider comfortable at all times.
- The new headlight nacelle houses provides a visual focal point while the under cowl connects the chassis styling to the engine and new exhaust system.
- Frame design combines the advantages of a compact tubular-style street bike frame and a twin-spar sportbike frame to deliver a dynamic ride. A reasonable sport riding position is created by a carefully crafted relationship between the handlebars, footrests and seat.
- New, large-diameter, matter-black tapered handlebars damp vibration while adding style and good control leverage for the rider.
- The low seat height of 820 mm (32.2 in.) contributes to the sporty, yet upright riding position and aids rider confidence at stops.
- New, four-piston Nissin Monobloc brake calipers squeeze twin, 310mm wave style brake rotors up front with a single-piston rear caliper out back to help deliver controlled stops.
- Inverted, gold-anodized KYB fork feature a spring preload-adjustable design which provides a solid foundation for the new, radial mount brake calipers.
- New, trapezoidal, beam-type swingarm tapers down to new chain adjusters adding strength and style.
- Link-type rear suspension, with a single shock absorber working through a progressive linkage, has 7-way adjustable spring preload.
- Newly designed, 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels from TPR hold Bridgestone Battleax Hypersport S21 radial tires that deliver increased grip and stability.
- New, black finish, aluminum hand and foot controls provide excellent action and contribute to the motorcycle’s sporty style.
- This new GSX-S750 is equipped with Suzuki’s Easy-start System that requires just a simple touch of the starter button to fire up the engine (without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral).
- Distinctively shaped headlight nacelle contains a bright 60/55W H4 halogen bulb. The tail section houses an integrated LED taillight with a dual-pane, red/clear lens.
- Similar to the GSX-S1000, the new lightweight and compact instrument panel uses a LCD display that includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock functions.
- The display has an adjustable intensity, white-color backlight for great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, ABS, plus coolant temperature and oil pressure alerts.
- A three-phase charging system, with an oil-cooled stator, keeps the maintenance-free battery up to charge for trouble-free operation.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the GSX-S750, such as a solo seat cowl and sport screen, plus a large selection of logo apparel.
- Engine: 749 cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 72.0 mm (2.83 in.) x 46.0 mm (1.81 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.3 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel injection with SDTV
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Nissin, 4-piston, Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Nissin, 1-piston, Disc single
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.0 L (4.22 US gal.)
- Color: Metallic Triton Blue/Glass Sparkle Black, Pearl Mira Red
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Headlight: 12V 60/55W H4
- Tail Light: LED
- Overall Length: 2125 mm (83.6 in.)
- Overall Width: 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1455 mm (57.2 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 820 mm (32.2 in.)
- Curb Weight: 211 kg (465 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Coverage extension and additional benefits are available.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.83 x 1.81 in. (72.0 x 46.0 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 12.3 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel injection with SDTV
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Nissin, 4-piston, Disc, twin
- Rear Brakes
- Nissin, 1-piston, Disc single
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- 57.2 in. (1455 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.2 in. (820 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.22 US gal. (16.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 465 lb. (211 kg)
- Metallic Triton Blue/Glass Sparkle Black, Pearl Mira Red
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty