2016 Suzuki RM85
The RM85 continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence in the Suzuki RM family. The two-stroke engine produces smooth power at any rpm with an emphasis on low to mid-range performance. Just like the larger models, the RM85 delivers class-leading handling for both experienced racers and rookie riders alike. With its smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the 2016 RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race—and striving to win!
- Digital CDI mapping helps create strong engine performance at high RPM. s.
- The high-revving 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve, single-cylinder engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0 x 46.8mm.
- The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, low weight and effective heat transfer for superior class performance.
- The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder, improving sealing for better engine performance.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator help provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
- Precise Keihin™ PE28 carburetor provides smooth throttle response, and is designed for simplified maintenance and tuning.
- The large-capacity radiator provides efficient engine cooling at all engine speeds.
- The RM85 is equipped with a smooth shifting six-speed transmission plus a precise rack and pinion activated clutch.
- The long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and driving off of corners.
- This durable transmission features a refined shift mechanism with a strong detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- A knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel for precise gear selection.
- A tubular steel frame and thick wall aluminum swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. The frame was designed for increased rigidity, durability and straight-line performance; it features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
- Showa 37mm inverted front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style and ability. The forks feature a cartridge damping system with fully-adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are fork guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The front forks offer 275mm (10.8-inches) of travel.
- A SHOWA large diameter rear shock absorber is valved to produce a plush feel and resistance to bottoming. The shock provides 277mm (10.9-inches) of wheel travel and features adjustable compression and rebound damping force adjustment.
- A twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm (8.7-inches) large-diameter disc and a rear brake with 200mm (7.9-inches) disc to provide excellent braking performance.
- The light, narrow-diameter front and rear brake hoses improve feel and feedback to the rider. The font hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover.
- A rigid rear brake caliper provides reliable braking performance, long pad life and is easy to maintain. The caliper’s plastic guard reduces the possibility of damage and saves weight.
- The forged aluminum-alloy rear brake pedal is light and strong while providing the rider accurate braking feel.
- High-quality footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, which makes them more durable with better grip.
- Each side of the RM85's seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
- The RM85's wheel sizes meet AMA 85cc class regulations (Front: 70/100-17; Rear: 90/100-14).
- Revised graphics with Champion Yellow bodywork plus new black protectors and guards provide a professional race look.
- Engine: 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 48.0 mm (1.88 in.) x 46.8 mm (1.84 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 / 10.9 : 1
- Fuel System: KEIHIN PE28, single carburetor
- Starter: Primary kick
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 L (1.3 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke, single cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 1.88 x 1.84 in. (48.0 x 46.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 / 10.9 : 1
- Fuel System
- KEIHIN PE28, single carburetor
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 US gal. (5.0 L)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Champion Yellow